Friday, March 02, 2012

Blog One and a Half--Build a Blog comments

Cadets,
As your first blog assignments, please view at least three blogs constructed by other cadets.  Please post all three comments in one reply to this post.  I thought all of the projects turned out just great!  Kudos to those of you who pushed the envelope!

 Enjoy looking at the other blogs your peers created!

Blog addresses:
Discovering Music

Post a comment on 1 entry for each blog...that makes 5 total comments for this assignment! Due
also by Sunday, March 9th.
Ms A

8 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger lauramcintosh said...

Megan's blog has a lot of information which is very good. She also chose an interesting subject so young students will love accessing her blog and learning! Ladybugs still appeal to me and I'm a high school senior! The information is intertwined with fun. While it didn't tell me why they always left yellow stinky stuff (pee?) on my hands whenever I held one, this blog taught me a lot about ladybugs!
Brooke's blog included simple activities that would help a student learn and become familiar with fractions. Fractions are everywhere from shopping at the mall to driving a car (gas tank, mileage) to cooking! Student need to become familiar with fractions at young ages do they are comfortable with them in the future when they become more complex like in unit circles.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger lauramcintosh said...

Kayli's blog about sports will appeal to almost all children. Most children play at least one sport if not multiple sports! I grew up playing a maximum of 6 sports at a time! This blog gives children a chance to learn all about the history of several poplar sports. This blog will probably convince at least a few children to give some sports a chance and to try something new! Branching out is always great!
Sarah's blogs will truly help every studen of any age understand the importance and the ways skills such as math and reading are necessary to succeed in life. Knowing how to properly apply these skills will help every student manage their money and time.
Pauline's blog about music will open every student' mind to the wonderful opportunities and the skills music involves. I went to an arts camp in Michigan and met kids from all over the world who came to study music and dance and photography! I met so many interesting people! In grade school, being in band wasn't cool. I missed class, recess or parts of lunch to go to practice and was made fun of. Ring at that

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger lauramcintosh said...

Being* at that camp was like being in a safe place. I could be myself. I could talk about my favorite pieces of music and not get "huh"s or weird looks. I got "yeah"s and agreement. I could discuss music as much as I wanted in a group of people who understood me! Having this for a blog for youn students may help this issue. being a musician isn't something to be ashamed of. It's a beautiful misunderstood and incorrectly judged talent!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Megan Farrar said...

Pauline's blog about discovering music is a very informative blog that will enhance student's minds. It provides a lot of information about instruments and types of music that we have in today's world. I really liked this blog because it contained a lot of pictures and activities that students can interact with.

I really liked Sarah's blog because it can be related to students today. Every student takes a math class at school, and it is a skill that is necessary to succeed in school. Some students struggle in math, and I think this blog provides a good tool to use to review previous learned math skills and new ones as well.

I think that Kayli's blog was very good also! I liked how she did sports as her topic because most grade school kids love gym class and participating in sports at school. This blog had a lot of information, and contained many activities that the students can interact with. Not only is this an informative blog, it also is very fun!

I loved Laura's blog about food in the classroom because every student loves activities and demonstrations in the classroom. Activities and demonstrations allow students to get hands on experiences and to participate greatly. Also, these activities involve food, and all kids love food! I think this is a great blog for teachers to come up with ideas to do in the classroom.

Fractions are used starting in second grade throughout time in school. They are used in every math course and they are vital to know. I loved Brooke's blog because it gives an overview of fractions and how they work. Students that have a tendency to struggle with fractions can come to this blog to learn them better.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Pauline Dearing said...

I thought Sarah's blog "First Grade Skills" was cool because it made math fun. I think students, especially grade schoolers struggle with math and don't really like doing it. With pictures, games and puzzles, Sarah made math look appealing and students would want to do it.

I liked Kayli's blog "Sports" because she picked a topic that students enjoy learning about. She gave a history of each sport which was really cool and offered graphics associated with each sport. I also liked that the covered some of the more uncommon sports like wrestling and tennis so all athletes could be included.

Laura's blog "Fun with Food in the Classroom" was really different and I thought she did a good job with it. It was very interactive and gave students experiments to do. I think experiments are a great way for kids to learn because they are actually putting into action what they are learning.

Brooke's blog "Fractions are Fun" was cool because she took a difficult topic for students and made it easy to comprehend. All of her graphics were very helpful and I like that she included a video as well. I think her blog did exactly what her title said, it made fractions fun.

I thought Megan's blog "Exploring Ladybugs" was really cute and fun. I think it would definitely appeal to students and it gave great information. All of the graphics and links made it very interactive.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Sarah Groves said...

I like Pauline's blog about instruments because students are first introduced to musical instruments in grade school. It's very informational and fun for kids to look into what instrument they would be interested in playing.

I like Kayli's blog about sports because it's something that every kid knows about. Everyone knows about many sports. It's good for kids to get additional information on sports because they will most likely play them at their school. This gives them an opportunity to explore which sports they'd like to play.

I like Brooke's blog about fractions. When introducing fractions, it can be tough on the students. This blog can make fractions fun while practicing. The more practice the students get with fractions, the easier it will be for them when it becomes more difficult.

I like Laura's blog about food in the classroom. Everyone loves food, so it's very relateable. Students always get more excited when they get food at school, so the tips about making food educational can be very helpful to a teacher!

I like Megan's blog about lady bugs because it's very fun. I think that there is a lot to be learned about lady bugs. The bright colors make the kids interested. I think that it will help students be more observent when they are outside.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kayli Clodfelter said...

I really liked Sarahs blog about first grade skills. Even though i teach second grade, i feel er blog could still be good for some second graders. She had great pictures nad her links were fun too. I like how she showed how math is used everyday because some kids dont realize it!

I also liked Paulines about Music. I didnt even think abou doing muic. A lot of kids are interested in music and thye thinkits always fun to make the music. She had great videos and information! I was very interested in music when i was youner so i know that i would definetly visit this blog if i was a lot younger!

I also enjoyed brookes. I never really liked fractions but she defintely made fractions look like fun. SOmetimes fractions are a kids low point in math and thats why I think it was a great idea to do one about fractions. Kids need all the help they can get with fractions or math in genral.

I also really like lauras blog. Very child likes to do hands on stuff especially if it gets a little messy. She had really fun experiments that any kid would be interested in. The pictures were good because it showed the kids what was going to happen. It looks like she spent a lot of time on hers. It was very funn!

Lastly I like exploring ladiebugs by Megan. Wha an original idea! Kids are so interested in buigs and a ladiebug is something kids dont know much about. She ha great links were kids can have fun with ladybugs. I really loved her topic and it made me more interested in her blog!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

I liked how Kaliy's blog was about aports bevause that is something that rlly interests her. I thought it was cool to see her take on relating it to her kids. She is a highschol senior but she was able to relate it to gradeschool child. I liked how Megan did ladybugs. I thought it was adorable and perfect fro her age group. It was also very interactive and educational. I liked Sarah's about first Grade skills. Since i am not working with 1st grade it was good tot see the skills from someone my age. Everyone knows i am obsessed with music so Pauline's was one of my favorites. I kbnow that i will RLY be incomperating music into m,y classroom and Pauline's blog showed me some new ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home