Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blog Seven--"When this you see, remember me."

Cadets,
Our wonderful experiences in the Catholic grade schools are winding to a close. I thought we might have some fun composing "autographs" we might write if students asked us to write our thoughts. Read this entry about a 1880s Autograph Book the writer found in an antique store:
http://www.laurasnyctales.com/book/intro.html
and then click on "Take Me There" to read a selection of the autographs. We don't write many of these any more. I remember having a book entitled Yours 'til Niagara Falls when I was a student--we autographed hounds (stuffed animals looking like dachshunds), memory books, and of course, our annuals.

Your assignment is to think about three of the children in your class and then compose an autograph for each of their memory books. Remember: sentiment is the most important thing about an autograph! Comment on the blogs of 2 other cadets!
Due: Sunday, April 29, 2012 by 11:59 p.m.

6 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Sarah Groves said...

Kobe,
I know you've had a rough life for a seven year old, but keep your head up. You don't need to cause trouble just to get some attention. Your teachers are always there for you.

Josie,
I know being the smartest in the class has its perks, but don't show off to your other classmates who struggle at times. Instead of telling them that you got the right answer, help them get the right answer. You have so much potential to put your great mind to work!

Elijah,
I know it's hard being compared to your brother in class and watching him excel as you are trying your hardest, but don't let that discourage you. You're just as good as your brother is!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Megan Farrar said...

Keith,
You are such a smart kid, but you need to behave yourself sometimes! I know its hard to not goof off in class, but set a good example for your classmates. You have so much potential and your classmates look up to you so much! I've enjoyed your craziness and sense of humor in class. Have fun in the second grade :)

Patrick,
You have been such a pleasure in class this year and you're so funny! I've enjoyed getting to know you very much. Continue to excel in school and always do your best (don't rush through your work anymore!!) Good luck in the second grade :)

Doug,
I know being different from everyone else in the class is hard. I know that sometimes you must feel alone because of your autism, but don't let it get you down. You are such a smart kid and you have so much potential. You are also a very sweet boy. Don't let other people judge you or affect who you are and continue to work past your difficulties. Have a great time in second grade and good luck :)



I read Sarah's comment about Kobe, and I can relate that to a student in my class named Kevin. He has a rough time at home with parents that don't really care about his education. All that you can tell him is to keep pushing through and doing his best.
I also read Sarah's comment about Josie, and I can relate that to girl named Emily in my class. She is one of the smartest kids in her class, and she tends to brag sometimes. Encouraging her to help others with the answers instead of bragging is great advice.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger lauramcintosh said...

Dear Jake,
I know you don't like to make mistakes. You get angry at yourself and don't understand how you could make such a mistake. I do that, too! Everyone makes mistakes. It's alright. Learn from them instead of getting mad at yourself for making them.

Dear Jacob,
I know you have a rough time at home. I know you hear and see innappropriate things that no first grader should be exposed to. No child should be exposed to that really. But by getting a great education, so many opportunities will open up to you and allow you to place yourself in a better environment. Focus in school and you can go far!

Dear Annika,
I know you like to have fun. You're young and full of energy. But in the classroom, you need to focus on school. You have recess to let all of your energy out and then you just have a few hours until you get out of school and can play outside.

I agree with Sarah's comment about Josie. There are several smart kids in my class who don't know how to put their knowledge to its best use. They brag about their knowledge and make others feel bad about being slower or not getting the right answer. These smart kids need to use their knowledge to help the other students and to boost their confidence.

I also agree with Sarah's comment about Kobe. There are few kids in my class who have divorced parents who lead very interesting lives. They have bad relationships. Mrs. Schultz told me that there isone child who goes to his dad's house for a week except for Wednesday, when he goes to his mom's, and then the next week, he goes to his mom's for the week except for Wednesday, when he goes to his dad's house. They also talk badly about the other parent. He is split between houses and parents.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Pauline Dearing said...

Colin,
I can not tell you how proud I am of the progress you have made. I remember at the beginning of the year, you couldn't step into the classroom without crying and wanting to leave. You have become an independent young mad and have begun to interact with other kids. Always remember that you have people who care about you and continue to grow!

Tess,
You have such a big personality and are always trying to help others. Although sometimes your talkative nature can get you into trouble, I know you always have good intentions. Remember to be patient and listen to others and you will do fine next year(:

Jackson,
I know it must have been very hard losing your grandpa, especially as a second grader. You remained positive and still tried to always make people laugh despite when you were feeling sad. You are so smart and if you continue to push yourself, you will have great success.

I think Sarah's comments were very encouraging and she gave great advice. I like how she pointed out what each child needed to work on.
I really like Laura's comment to Jake. She made herself relatable to him and I think kids like when you tell them you have been through something similar.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Kayli Clodfelter said...

Emery,
You always give me a hard time whenever I come in the room. I know it's because you love having me as an assistant teacher.Im so proud of how hard you work. You always do your best inside and outside of the classroom. I will defintey miss you next year because you always put smile on my face.

Bridget
This year wasn't the first time we met eachother. I was so glad that I was able to help you in the sport i love and help you with your school work. You are such a smart girl adn you can do any6thing you want in the future, if you set your mind to it.

Jackson,
You are such a silly kid! There isn't a day that goes by that you don't put a huge smile on my face. Unfortunately you learned about my most tickilish spot, my neck, and you use that to torture me. I am very positive that if you work as har as you do know, you will go far in life.

I love Paulines comment to Colin. It is awesopme when you see a child progress soooo much during the yea! In my classroom, I always see progression everyday and it puts a smile on my face. I aso loves Sarahs commen to Elijah. It hurts to be compared to a brother and/or sister. It ccan be a tough job to do as goood as them in school or in sports. All you can do is help that child succeed and push them to do their best!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

Alexa,
Hey girlie! You have really been my bud this year. You energy is exhausting and contagious at the same time. I love that you always have a story for me and you always ask questions about my life, Roncalli, or my boyfriend. You may be a talker but you are a hard worker and you grade reflect it. I love when you read this play with me one time. you had so much character and loud projection. I hope you do theater and I get to see you perform.

Chris,
You have been my bud all year. You are always there when i get there and i enjoy seeing you first thing everyday. I love that you tell your sister about me about what you learn from me. I love how you use the finger trick i taught you for figuring out the 9's time table. Everytime i see you use it i just smile because i taught you that :)

Gina,
Hey sweetie! You are seriously the most well behaved, sweetest, and smartest students in the classroom. You work very hard in everything you do and it makes me really proud to be your teacher. You hardely ever get int rouble and always say hi to me in the hallways. I have loved you being in my classroom and i hope to always have a student like you.

I really enjoyed Laura's comment about Jacob it is nice to see that she understands and is there for him in a way that will help him suceed. I also enjoyed Pauline's comment about how her students have progressed. I love each and every student in my class! i am going to miss them soo much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home