Blog One--"Have I Taught Them?"
Cadets,This is our final blog on 32 third graders and one class bunny. If you have finished the book, go back and reread the final two chapters to refresh your memory.
Mr. Done reflects on the most important things he has taught his students...the lessons he would have students carry with them to fourth grade and beyond. What 3 important things have you seen your classroom teacher convey to his/her students? How will these lessons learned help the student in the future? If you could pick one lesson you have learned over your years as a student, what would it be? Why?
Please respond to the comments of 2 other cadets. When you have completed this assignment, please turn in your copy of 32 third graders and one class bunny to me.
Due: Sunday, March 11, 2012 by 11:59 p.m.
6 Comments:
Three important things I have seen my classroom teacher convey to the students are:
1. We all make mistakes and we should help each other out when someone is struggling.
2. It doesn't matter if you are the smartest in the class, what matters is trying your best in everything you do.
3. Learning can be fun if you have an open mind.
I think the first lesson can help the students in the future by realizing it's okay to fail, we just have to keep on trying and always put others before ourselves. I think the second lesson can help the students in the future by helping them understand that they do need to try hard in school and that working hard will produce positive results. I think the third lesson will help the students by helping them focus in school and show them that making things fun can make those things easier to accomplish.
If I could pick one lesson I have learned over my years as a students I would pick the statement "never give up". I have struggled with classes, let go of playing high school sports and struggled to always be on the same page as my teachers. However, I was taught to never give up. I've realized that there is always a way that something can be accomplished and as long as we put forth our best effort, everything will turn out fine.
Three important things I have seen my classroom teacher convey to the students are:
1. Pray everyday.
2. Work diligently.
3. Practice, practice, practice.
The first lesson will help the students for the rest of their life; it shows them the importance of keeping God in your life. The second lesson is very important and will help the students even when it gets tough. The third lesson will be important by showing them that they will get better the more they practice.
One lesson that I have learned over my four years as a student is to always do your homework. Homework is such a big part of your grade. In some classes, I've seen that homework can save your grade. The homework also helps you learn the information.
I agree with Pauline about never giving up. That has also been a lesson that I have learned. You'll never regret putting your best effort forward.
Three important lessons my teacher has taught are:
1. Give your best effort
2. Never give up
3. Pray and be respectful to God.
I think that all of these lessons will help the students throughout their entire lives. They persuade them to keep moving forward and to focus on what is important. Mrs. Smith always tells the children that even when an assignment or activity is difficult, to never give up. She also makes clear that when the whole class is praying that everyone is completely respectful and reverent. I think that these lessons will help the children for many years to come.
One lesson that has always helped me in school is to study. Even though studying can sometimes be a pain, it always helps you in the end. Studying material can help you understand it more and do well on tests. I think that studying has a major impact on how well you do in school and how good your grade is.
I agree with Sarah about doing your homework. I have had incidents were homework has boosted my grade up a lot. Some people think that homework isn't a big deal, but it really is. I also agree with Pauline when she said that learning can be fun if you have an open mind. I think that school is fun for people who are excited about learning and who have a positive attitude towards it.
1. Make rules and don't make a lot of exceptions.
2. Be consistent with your expectations. If you waiver, they will take advantage of that.
3. Convey the fact that the teacher is in control and demands respect and obedience.
These lessons will help the students understnad leadership, respect and authority. They will learn to behave well and how to succeed in the classroom and outside of the classroom. There will always be a higher authority and you must be good at following their rules and directions while meeting their guidelines.
The most important lesson I have learned is to give everything you do your best effort no matter what. The teachers work hard to make lesson plans and to teach you. They work hard to make class interesting. Respect their efforts and work by doing your best. Some people in my classes this year still don't understand that. They read, talk or sleep through class. It's rude. It hurts the teachers feelings. I even get offended by people who do this in my classes.
I agree with Megan about studying because honestly, it's the best way to make sure you know the material and to see what material you don't know or don't know very well. That way you can figure out what you need to study more or focus on. I agree with Pauline too! School and learning can be fun. Have study parties or group study sessions. Make studying into games! There are so many ways to make learning fun. Involving fellow classmates is a great way! Plus, you can get other viewpoints or understandings from those people.
1. Dont be afraid of failure.
2. Focus on everything you do.
3. God is always by yourside.
I think that the first piece of advice is a difficult but a good one to get ingraved in their head at young age. Failure is what holds people back from what they could eventually become. The second is a great piece of advice because when you stay focused you get things done. When you are focused you have less of a chance to think of failure. The last piece of advice is what makes everything possible. When you have God with you everything is possible.
The most important piece of advice that i have learned is porbably never to give up. Sometimes in life you just want to stop trying and give up. You will feel so much better when you succeed.
I agree with Sarahs post because homework is what saves a lot of people. Homework helps me to understand the material and gives me points in the class. I also agree with Megan about studying. STudying gives me sense of closure because i know that material is somewhat freh in my head.
1. Help others by using the skills God gave you.
2. Never be afraid of failure.
3. Love everyone. A loving action maeks people days.
These kids have taught me so much in the last year. They are more caring and nice then any kids i have ever worked with their age.I love watching them teaching others tricks i taught them to solving a problem or just genral help. they do not single people out or make others feel left out. I hope that i tauaght them somehting in how to not let them fear failure. They love watching me on stage and i try to inspire them to go beyond want they think they can do and what they dream they can do.
I really liked Kayli's cxomment about always having God. That is one the most important lessons you can ever teach a studentand have them follow out.
Post a Comment
<< Home